Admitted to The Lunatic Assylum
I woke to the sound of a tapping upon my chamber door. Thinking it to be that pesky raven, I shouted, “Nevermore!” Rap, rap. Alas, it proved not to be an avian visit. I rose from my bed, adjusted my nightcap, and put on my dressing gown.
Not an accurate police sketch of Timothy Hurley
Turns out it was a Lunatic Assylum reader who wanted to know how to follow The Lunatic Assylum blog. I made tea, we sat down, and I wrote out the instructions. The reader bade me good day. I reminded him you can check out of The Lunatic Assylum any time you like, but you can never leave.
While singing a John Denver song about holding hands and following, he suggested that I put a placard with the written instructions on the door so others could follow.
To FOLLOW The Lunatic Assylum (Which everyone who reads should do—all my relatives do, and they’re still okay.):
Close approximation of Timothy editing
1. Go to thelunaticassylum.com (If you’re reading this, you may have noticed you’re already here. But we’re in a lunatic assylum; I don’t make assumptions.) Make sure it’s spelled with TWO ss. (The explanation is on the ABOUT TIMOTHY HURLEY AUTHOR page.)
Peoria State Hospital for the Incurably Insane. Timothy was born in a snowdrift nearby.
2. Go to the right sidebar. At the top is a Follow The Lunatic Assylum box where you can put in your email (Which I don’t get to have, but WordPress does—and they’ll keep it safe.). Click OK and, boom, you’re signed up to receive an email each time I wake up in the middle of the night with an annoyingly brilliant idea and post it. Except you don’t have to read the email in the middle of the night.
This one is accurate.
3. You only get an email if I post (And I’m a lazy bastard, but I’ll try to do better). When you get the email, click on the blue title and it will admit you to The Lunatic Assylum (where the inmates will serve you cookies and the beverage of your choice. I always choose Jameson’s.)
4. BONUS Points: If you are a Word Press blogger, log onto Word Press; then go to thelunaticassylum.com. At the top of the window you will see a black bar with a white FOLLOW button. Click it. A tiny window appears, tells you (well, not out loud) that you are following and The Lunatic Assylum new posts will appear in your Word Press Reader when you login.
5. Bonus Bonus. If you friend Timothy on Facebook, or circle up with him on G+, or tweet like a birdy with him on Twitter, you’ll get notifications there too ‘cause The Lunatic Assylum talks to them. (Links for those are in the side bar, or click Links page.)
There, you are now a member of The Lunatic Assylum and may freely speculate about String Theory.
Not the real String Theory
<a rel=“author” href=“ https://plus.google.com/u/0/104338235214791699021/about?tab=XX”>Timothy Hurley</a>